In September, Apple will be releasing the latest version of Apple™ iOS for iPhone and iPad. With iOS 11, Apple is ending support for 32-bit iPhone and iPad apps. For homes running Control4 OS 2.5.3 and earlier, the legacy Control4 MyHome app for iPhone and iPad (with the gray app icon) will not be able to be installed or run on iPhones and iPads running iOS 11. The current Control4 app for iOS is not affected.
Soon we will be sending the attached notice to customers running Control4 OS 1.7.4 - 2.5.3 affected by this change. We will share the same information and encourage them to contact you for an upgrade.
Which customers are affected:
What this means for your customers:
- Customers running Control4 OS 1.7.4 - 2.5.3 and using the legacy Control4 MyHome app (the app with the grey icon).
- Using the Controller Dashboard to find customers that may be affected by this change. Look for customers running Control4 OS 1.7.4 - 2.5.3 on the Control4 Portal here.
- Homes running Control4 OS 2.6 and later are NOT affected. The latest version of the Control4 App for iOS will continue to function after the iOS 11 update.
These customers will not be able to install or run the legacy MyHome app on an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.Recommendations:
- Upgrade your affected customers to Control4 OS 2.9.1 so they can use the current Control4 app for iOS. If a customer needs new controller and upgraded hardware, utilize the Customer Upgrade program to get a 15% discount on an EA controller and 10% off additional products. More details are available on the Dealer Portal.
- For customers that cannot or do not want to upgrade but still want to continue using the MyHome app, recommend they do not upgrade to iOS 11.
The Control4 Team